N. Cory Barari
- Employment Law
- Civil Litigation
N. Cory Barari is a 2013 graduate from The George Washington University Law School and formerly served as the judicial research attorney for the Honorable William Barry and Honorable Brian Currey of the Los Angeles Superior Court. Mr. Barari specializes in employment law and civil litigation, and joined Caskey & Holzman in December 2016, bringing along with him his experiences with the County of Los Angeles and his employment law background and experiences while working with renowned attorney V. James DeSimone at his employment law firm (formerly known as Schonbrun DeSimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman, LLP).
As a judicial research attorney for the County of Los Angeles for over two years, Mr. Barari worked directly with Judge Barry, Judge Currey, and other judges at the Los Angeles Stanley Mosk Courthouse while preparing tentative rulings for law and motion matters and other pre-trial hearings. This work gave Mr. Barari a unique insight and understanding of the judicial process in regards to civil, employment, and contract matters, and Mr. Barari developed a proficiency in nearly every aspect of civil and employment law, while also familiarizing himself with the winning strategies and arguments used in all types of cases. Mr. Barari's work was frequently recognized amongst judges at the Los Angeles Superior Court for its top-tier quality and analysis.
Prior to his position as a judicial research attorney, Mr. Barari worked as an attorney at Schonbrun DeSimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman, LLP, where he received strong mentoring from California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY) Award Winner V. James DeSimone. Through this work, Mr. Barari developed the ability to respond quickly to legal crises and to work on a range of litigation issues, with a primary focus on discovery matters and trial preparation. Mr. Barari learned to relate to clients and lawyers alike, and to convey complicated legal issues in a concise and accessible manner.
In his spare time, Mr. Barari is active with the Iranian American Bar Association (IABA) and the alumni organizations for both The George Washington University Law School and the University of California, Irvine, where Mr. Barari graduated magna cum laude with an Economics degree in 2009. Mr. Barari also enjoys working out at the gym, paddle-boarding, and going to sporting events with friends and family.
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- University of California, Irvine, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2009
- Honors: Magna cum laude (top 3%)
- Honors: Dean’s Honors Student, School of Social Sciences
- Honors: Honorary Member, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Major: Economics
- Iranian American Bar Association (IABA)
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Judicial Research Attorney, 2014 to 2016
- Schonbrun DeSimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman, LLP, Attorney, 2013 to 2014
- D.C. Law Students in Court – Clinic, Student Attorney, 2012 to 2013
- United Disability Lawyers Group, Legal Intern, 2012 to 2012
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Judicial Extern for the Honorable Melvin D. Sandvig, 2011 to 2011