It's Time To Level The Playing Field

Photo of Professionals at Caskey & Holzman

Were You Fired For Reporting Sexual Harassment?

California has extensive protections for its employees. But both state and federal laws draw a hard line on employer retaliation. It is unlawful for an employer to terminate a worker for reporting sexual harassment in the workplace. If you made a good-faith complaint of sexual harassment to your employer, supervisor or human resources representative and you have reason to believe you were fired (or suffered other adverse action) for reporting the harassment, you may have a claim under state or federal law.

With the #MeToo movement, it is a good idea to retain an experienced law firm that has handled sexual harassment cases. All victims of sexual harassment want is to be respected and treated equally in the workplace. We can help you gain that respect and make sure you are the last person to be sexually harassed at your current or former place of employment.

How Can You Prove A Wrongful Termination Or Retaliation Claim?

Caskey & Holzman has over 60 years of collective employment law experience in Ventura County and the greater Los Angeles area. We are particularly skilled at proving retaliation claims for those wrongfully terminated. Much of the evidence you gather is circumstantial; our attorneys will thoroughly investigate the events that take place to build a story that shows your employer’s guilt.

An employer, for example, may claim that it fired you for poor performance. But recent performance evaluations may show strong growth and high performance. You could then couple that with a sexual harassment report you filed a week before your termination. Evidence such as this can be helpful in proving your case.

Don’t Wait To Get Started — We Offer Free Case Evaluations

The longer you wait to file your claim, the less evidence may be available. Emails and records may be deleted. If you believe you were fired for reporting sexual harassment, contact the lawyers at Caskey & Holzman as soon as possible by completing our online form, or call us at 323-391-3984 or toll-free at 800-403-7096 to arrange a free case evaluation.