Were You Fired For An Unjust Reason?
If you have lost your job for an illegal reason, it is important to talk to an experienced employment law attorney about your options. At Caskey & Holzman, we understand that this is a hard time for you and your family, and we will do everything we can to help you. When an employee is fired, the employer must have fired the employee for an unlawful reason for it to be considered a “wrongful” termination.
Examples Of Wrongful Termination
The following are several examples of wrongful termination:
- Firing an employee for reporting workplace discrimination, harassment or retaliation
- Firing an employee for demanding appropriate overtime compensation for hours worked
- Firing an employee for protesting unsafe or illegal working conditions
- Firing an employee for refusing to violate the law
- Firing an employee for refusing to engage in discrimination or retaliation
- Firing an employee for refusing to commit fraud against the government, such as Medicare fraud
- Firing an employee for reporting misappropriation of public funds
We are loyal and dedicated advocates who will champion your cause from start to resolution. To determine if you were wrongfully terminated, we will ask you the following questions:
- What is your occupation?
- How long have you worked for the company?
- What was the company’s stated reason for termination?
- Why do you think you were fired?
Companies typically record a legitimate reason for terminating an employee. For example, they may say an employee was fired for coming in late or failing to meet the standards of a performance improvement plan. However, if you have specific reason to believe the employer’s stated reason is false or that there was an alternative motive for firing you, contact our firm immediately.
Fight Back Against Your Unfair Termination
Although an employer in California may typically terminate an employee for any reason, it may not do so for an unlawful reason. If you suspect you were unlawfully fired, seek advice from a respected employment law firm. Call our Calabasas wrongful termination lawyers at Caskey & Holzman at 323-391-3984 or toll-free at 800-403-7096, or contact us online to arrange a free case evaluation. We serve clients throughout Southern California and statewide. We accept most cases on a contingency fee basis.